So, I think that I am a blog slacker. I have good intentions sometimes but whenever I get on the computer one or two of my goobers likes to attack me and be in my arms.
Anyway, here is an update.
We had a fabulous trip to Utah/Idaho. We saw everyone in my family and Rob's family. We spent three days in Island Park with my whole family at a cabin. We laughed, canoed, ate, and went to the Island Park Playmill. Only one emergency with my niece ending up in Rexburg in the ER getting some stitches in her ear.
Here is my whole family....2 parents, 7 siblings, 6 spouses, 9 nieces, and 5 nephews.
Here I am with all of my awesome sisters (sister-in-law Emily included as my sister!)! I love spending time with them so much! We are all SO different but love each other!
We also added a lovely minivan to our family. I LOVE IT! Vans really are the best option for kids ......a lot of room, better gas mileage than SUVs, sliding doors that open and close with a button. To drive a minivan you do have to lower your pride a bit that you are driving a MINIVAN....but I really do love the extra convenience, room etc. We left our camera cord in Utah so no pics yet, but more pictures to come!
LILY
Lily is almost 3! Craziness. She is missing her little buddy Layla that moved. She went through a tough few weeks of nursery when she left, but has finally gotten over that hurdle! She LOVED LOVED LOVED being in Idaho and Utah with her cousins. I think she would have been happy to stay there to be honest. We are in the midst of trying to decide what things we want to put her in....a little dance class, a small preschool, etc. She loves Ella and tries to play with her all the time-----which usually results in me freaking out because she treats Ella like she is 3 too...but it is cute she wants to play with her so bad. Lily is intense.....I just want to try to find a way to direct her energy for good!
ELLA
Ella will be 9 months old on Monday. She is crawling like a maniac. She pulls herself up to anything and everything. She tries to pull herself up to Lily and that has resulted in both of them tumbling to the ground more than once. I had to be the tough mom and let her cry herself to sleep in the night so she would start sleeping better. But, finally finally she is sleeping through the night. Usually about 10pm to 6am with a few tiny wake-ups with crying.
While Lily loved Utah and all the people, Ella became the worst clingy baby EVER. She wouldn't let anyone else touch her or even look at her. That was the hardest part of the whole trip. The only time she didn't cry was when my sister-in-law Emily held her. It was a miracle!
That is it for me! Hopefully when I get my camera cord back I can upload some super cute pics!
1 comment:
Loved the pictures!!!
Sigh...a minivan...that's our next step, I'm afraid!
Post a Comment