Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ahhh, life is getting better

Here is a pic of the front of our soon to be house....we are living in it...but renting for 2 more weeks until we close.

Here is Lily pretending to sleep in the drawer of the dresser at our lovely hotel. She makes me laugh so much.

Lily enjoying snow in Alamogordo, NM.
Lily swinging in Alamogordo.
Here is Lily and I sleeping at our "lovely" hotel in Alamogordo. I am so glad that those days are over!




So, our life is definitely getting settled...FINALLY!

We are in Carlsbad, NM in a house, that we are "renting" until we close on buying it in 2 weeks. We are thrilled beyond measure to be in a house, and to be together with our baby girl. We feel extremely blessed in so many ways.

Rob is liking his job. He has to commute about 40 minutes 3 times a week, which currently leaves me at home without a car, but since we are in a house and I have lots of projects to do it doesn't really bother me.

We went to church for the first time today. It was such a nice feeling to be in a ward where we know we are going to be for a while. Lily also went to nursery for the first time by herself (she turned 18 months yesterday). She did great. She didn't even care that we left and stayed in there the whole time by herself. She was THRILLED beyond belief to see Rob again, but she did so good. My baby is definitely not such a baby anymore. I am trying hard to get used to that concept!

Here are some random thoughts:

1. I never really pictured myself living in the "mission field". Growing up, we always talked about the mission field (anywhere besides Idaho and Utah where Mormons are the majority by far) as some mysterious far off place we prayed for. I never really imagined myself living out in that mysterious place. But, we have been for 2.5 years now and you know, it is great in a lot of ways. It is a much different experience than living in Idaho or Utah, but not a bad one. I am grateful for all of the things it has taught me to live somewhere outside the Mormon bubble. You rely on church members more, and you meet some really awesome people in all sorts of different places. I am grateful that we have had the opportunity to live where we have lived. I am hoping that we are going to have a positive experience here in New Mexico too. It is also a change to have to drive 1.5 to get to the Stake Center....we are definitely not in the bubble anymore.

2. There is a lot to be said about being somewhere and feeling settled. I am thoroughly enjoying this feeling of settling down...buying a house, my husband has a stable good job, etc. I am also so grateful that I get to stay home with Lily and be with her. I am just so grateful that I get to be at home with her.

3. The Roswell NM UFO Festival is July 1-5 if anyone wants to come down! It should be AWESOME!





This is Lily and I at the Lubbock temple. It is beautiful, definitely on the smaller side.

Here is Lily thoroughly enjoying her water cup at Texas Roadhouse in Texas. The place was packed so that must mean that Texas Roadhouse is really good Texas food.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

So happy to see you getting settled in your new home! Of course, send me your new address when you have a chance!

Brett and Rachel said...

OMG! I'm such a nerd. I TOTALLY thought you'd moved to Carlsbad, CA not NM! Well, hope everything goes great there too.