Sunday, March 7, 2010

Pay it Foward

So, yesterday afternoon Rob and I were going to take Lily to a park when we saw a sign for a Yard Sale, looked down the street and saw a dresser. We have been looking for dressers so we immediately turned around and went to talk to them. It needs some TLC, but much cheaper than buying new, so Rob decides to try and see if he can put it in the car. He is carrying it to the car when a nice older couple drive by in a truck, stop, roll down their window and ask if we need help. They then asked is that going to fit? Rob told them that is what we are trying to figure out. Without thinking, they pulled their truck in the driveway, put it in the back, and followed us back to our house.

I am amazed at the generosity and giving spirit of others sometimes. I hope to be better and like that someday.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

See, small town living does have some benefits!