Friday, November 12, 2010

Baby news

Monday is the day....but probably a C-section day.
The baby is currently breach.....her head residing in my rib cage. At this stage...39+ weeks with a 7lb+ baby it is going to be hard to turn her. So, we are going in at 7am on Monday morning for a probable C-section unless she flips or they can flip her in which case they will induce me and get her out normally.

Not thrilled with the idea of a c-section....the unknown, longer recovery, future deliveries, etc., but trying to have a chill pill about it and just worry about getting Ella here safely...whichever way that happens.

My doctor is kind of a hick guy....he wears cowboy boots in the office, has a bit of a potty mouth, and has hunting magazines in his waiting room. We were sitting there talking about him trying to flip the baby and he looks me up and down and said....it is a darn good thing you aren't fat. I then said I guess I will take that as a compliment. Oh, it made me laugh. He really is a good doctor....knows his stuff for sure. Just a bit rough around the edges.


Lily's funny saying of the day.....
I am combing her hair this morning and trying to get the snarls out and she turns to me and said "Good gracious Momma!". I dropped the comb I started laughing so hard.


Okay, that is all for me. Baby on Monday.....we'll just have to see which way she comes!

1 comment:

Emily said...

good luck! Our prayers are with you and it will all be worth it the second you hold that beautiful baby girl!