Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A scary day

So, yesterday I had a Doctor's appointment in Roswell. I have felt bad taking advantage of my poor friend Melissa watching Lily so I was actually planning on taking her with me....not ideal, but that way I could do some shopping and not worry about leaving her too long. Anyway, yesterday morning my friend called and offered to watch her and I took her up on it. I dropped her off with just enough time to get to my appointment.
The whole drive Ella was EXTREMELY active....to the point I was in pain. They were running behind so of course it was almost another hour at the doctor before my doctor actually saw me......all the while Ella is going nuts in there. So, the doctor checks the heartbeat....really fast....too fast. She gets concerned, listens for a long time. Waits a minute, checks again.....really fast.....too fast. I am starting to get worried. She finishes the appointment, checks again.....still really fast....still too fast. She calmly tells me I need to drive myself over to the hospital immediately for monitoring. The baby's heart is going too fast and if it doesn't calm down soon they might have to take some drastic actions.

So, I walk to my car, numb, call Rob's phone....no answer. I call his work, they put me through and I start crying. Going to the hospital for monitoring I tell my poor husband through my sobs. Poor guy was just leaving work....heading the 35+ minutes home to get Lily. I was 35+ minutes in the opposite direction. He did not know which way to turn the car....go get Lily, come to the hospital with me. He headed home to get Lily, all the while thinking he would turn back around to come to me.

I check in at the ER...which took what seemed like forever...probably only 10 minutes. I get upstairs to labor and delivery, lay down, get a monitor on.....and I hear the heartbeat....normal. Hallelujah. They continue to listen to the heartbeat, monitor me for another hour to make sure everything is okay and then wipe the goo off my belly and send me home. All the while I am freaking my poor husband out, freaking me out, freaking my mom out who was at home wondering if she should go pack her suitcase, etc.

Being in a town by myself at the hospital by myself, with a potential C-Section coming.....not too fun. But, the Lord was watching out for me yesterday. A scary situation could have turned even worse if I had had Lily with me.....I can't even imagine what I would have done. Laying still being monitored for over an hour would not have been okay with my 2 year old. It would not have happened. I am so grateful for my wonderful friend's phone call yesterday to offer to watch Lily for me.

Now, I am at home. Everything is fine...I hope. I am a little freaked, a little skittish if you will. But, I just have to turn some faith over to the Lord that everything is going to go okay. And, my husband is being super-protective of my well being and Ella's well-being.

1 comment:

Ben and Teri said...

I am so glad that everything turned out alright and that you have good friends to help you. I can't wait to here news of your new little one coming. Good luck with everything.