Some days (like today) I look at my two little goobers and the love I have for them almost overwhelms me. It washes over me and encompasses every fiber of my being. I want the best for them. I want to kiss them and hug them and give them the world.
I am the youngest of seven children. My mom is now the mom to 7 adult children, 6 in-law children, and a grandmother to 18 grandkids.
My mom is wonder woman. She worries about each of us. She tries her best to be there in our times of need. I called her yesterday to find out she was in Salt Lake helping my sister who just became an instant mom to 3 kids under the age of 3. She has come both times I have had my babies. Sometimes when a few of us have some really big life trials going on I can hear the strain in her voice. When we struggle she struggles. When we worry she worries.
I am sure she had some sort of thought that the hardest days of parenting would be over when she became an empty-nester. Some days I think she might think this stage is harder because she cares so much and is so involved in our lives. If we got kicked out at 18 and she no longer cared I am sure her life would be a lot more stress and worry free.
Motherhood is an all-encompassing thing. If done right, being a mother is the greatest honor, frustration, source of happiness and worry of our lives.
Seven Minutes
2 days ago
1 comment:
What an awesome description of motherhood. You rock!
Post a Comment