Monday, September 24, 2012

Where have I been?

My blogging has been a bit remiss lately. Why is that?

Well, I am pregnant and sick and exhausted. That probably has a whole lot to do with it.

So, I am expecting #3 on March 15, 2013. We are having a new house built for us that should be done on December 15, 2012. We are loving Oregon. Rob loves his new job.

Lessons learned in the past few months----

  1. Moving to a new state without knowing a soul is extremely hard and unless you have done it yourself you have no idea what it is like.....and I have done it three times. 
  2. When the lady behind you in church is pregnant, and there with her two small toddlers please do not turn around and glare at her every single time your 1 year old makes a peep. If you don't want to be sitting in a meeting with lots of kids, you are probably a member of the wrong church. 
  3. When you get pregnant with your third kid your body instantly makes you look like you are six months pregnant. Fantastic. 
  4. No one gave me a manual of all the things I was supposed to teach my 4-year-old before sending her to preschool. Stressful. 
  5. Nursery with 12-18 kids in a tiny room is a stressful calling. Being in a brand new ward and not knowing a soul, having two toddlers myself, and being pregnant makes being in nursery a bit of a struggle right now but I am definitely trying to magnify my calling and do my best. But, Sundays are BY FAR the most exhausting day of the week. 
  6. Having gone through some of the struggles I have gone through in the past few months I have wished the people around me had a bit more compassion for what I have been going through.....struggles that everyone knows about and struggles that nobody does. I am going to try a lot harder to have compassion and empathy for people because you never know what is really going on in their lives.
Done for now! Hopefully I can get some pictures posted someday! 

No comments: