We are doing good, hot but good. It had only been getting up to 100 the past week or two which was a nice change. But, now it is back up to 110 and above. We are liking Arizona most of the time however. As long as we stay inside during the day we are okay. One thing I am not liking is the sitting in traffic for two hours a day. The other night it took me two hours to come home (which is only 25 miles). There was a huge wreck on the freeway which is seven lanes wide. They had blocked 5 of those seven lanes so all seven lanes had to squeeze through two lanes to get by. It was a total nightmare.
We are really loving our ward and all the people we have met. We have made some good friends already. People are really friendly and we feel really at home. Every other ward we have been in we have felt kind of ignored so it is nice to have people care that you are actually there.
We really enjoy the scooter. Rob is really liking it. His school is only 4 miles away so he is excited to be able to drive that to school when it starts on the 22nd.

We both have new callings in our ward.
I am the Miamaid Advisor and Rob is the Blazers Assistant. We both start on Sunday (tomorrow). We are excited to have callings that require some real service, time, and energy.
I am enjoying my job most of the time. I am hoping to start my Masters at ASU in January since I can go to school for $25 a semester since I work at ASU. If I take two classes every semester I can be done with my Masters at the same time Rob is done, so we shall see what happens with that.
We are excited to be starting this next chapter of our lives. It is fun to be in a new place to explore and kind of start fresh again.
Here are some pictures from "Waite Family Fun Days " in June right before we left to come to Arizona. Also a pic of Rob's graduation in April.

No comments:
Post a Comment