Thursday, August 30, 2007

Major League Baseball Game

Rob and I got to go to an Arizona Diamondbacks game last Saturday. It was awesome to be in that huge stadium at a real Major League Baseball game. I think it is something that everyone should have to do once in their life. It was really fun and we had really good seats for free. One of our couple friends had two extra tickets so they invited us to go. The Diamondbacks lost, but it was still really fun to be there and see it in real life.

Rob is surviving his first week of school--trying to get back into the swing of things. Every first week of school is an adjustment to get back in the groove of things.

We are both enjoying our callings in the ward. It is fun to be needed in a ward and that you feel like you make a difference. It is also nice to be in a ward that is so diversified. There are young and old and in between and those with ten kids and those with none. It makes us feel more like we belong because everybody is in a different place in life so it is not like we are behind or stand out because we have been unable to have kids so far.

I did get the okay from my boss to have a couple of days off of work after Christmas, so we are coming home for a week. We would love to see everybody while we are there!! We are very excited to look forward to coming to cold Idaho for Christmas!

I have gone jogging in the mornings this week at 5am. This morning when I left the house at 5am it was 89 degrees. They broke a record yesterday by having 29 days this year that were over 110 degrees. They think we will have a few more days above 110 as well. Craziness.

Well, that is the Semon Family news this week.

(Sorry I don't have very many fun pictures to look at. When you don't have kids, you don't take or have as many cute pictures!)

1 comment:

Ashley Wray said...

I heard that on the news, about the 30 days over 110 degrees. I would seriously die, I've been hating the 90 degree weather here. I'm so glad to hear that you guys are doing good and liking your ward and everything! Keep the blogging up, don't worry about the lack of pictures, our camera broke so I don't know when we'll have pictures again either, bummer :( Oh, and good job with the jogging, I'm still in the walking mode with Rylee, but hey, exercise is exercise right?