Friday, November 9, 2007

Fridays are the best

Today is Friday! Fridays are my favorite days. It was an even better Friday because I got to leave work at 3 because we always get to leave early the day before a holiday--and since Monday is Veterans Day I got to come home at 3:00 and take a nap. It was awesome.
Rob and I have date nights on Friday nights, so we both decided we wanted pizza. We found this pizza buffet place that looked good so we decided to go there. It was like 8 miles away, but we thought it would be worth it. The traffic was horrendous, so it took as 30 minutes to get there. By this time, I am starving. Then we come in, give our money to the ditzy teenage girl cashier and go try to find food. There is old plates sitting everywhere. There is hardly any pizza out and the pizza that is out looks disgusting. We get our drinks and sit down. I ate one piece of cheese pizza and feel a little ill. Then, like 20 more people come in. There is still no people and the food that is out is looking disgusting. I start thinking it is a place like this that gives you food poisoning. So, I decide that I can't handle this anymore. I went up to the front, asked for the manager, and got our money back and we left! I have never done that before--but I felt completely justified. Also, the manager didn't even ask us why--he just apologized. There were like 5 more families behind me coming in and they were all staring at me like I was crazy, but I felt good about not accepting the fact that I paid money to eat there--and then can't eat there.
So, that was my brave moment of the day. Then we came home, ordered a pizza from a place we already know and have gotten pizza before and ate it at home while watching Numbers.

So, that was our day today. Rob is on a break from school--and loving it. He starts back again after Thanksgiving. He is loving school--and loving a break from school. I am excited that Christmas is less than 2 months away and we get to leave this place I like to call the sun and go somewhere where seasons actually exist. I miss seasons.

That is our story for the day.
Moral of the story--ask for your money back if you feel justified. It made me feel better. I would have been really mad if I had paid $15 to "eat" there and didn't get to eat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss the seasons too...I don't get to see all of them in Rexburg but I see some and I miss them...I am escited to see you and Rob in 10 days...I hope you have a great day!!!!!