Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Lone Woman

My husband is in Vegas right now so I am a lone woman, all by myself in Phoenix.
His sister Heather came and stayed with us this weekend and we were planning on going to Vegas on Wednesday for Thanksgiving. Since Rob is out of school, he decided to go back with her, so they could spend more time with his family. So, I am a lone woman until I go to Vegas for Thanksgiving to meet him.

We had a fabulous time while Heather was here. We went to Scottsdale--walked around a bit, rode the trollley, ate delicious pizza. Then Heather and I went to an outlet mall while Rob watched football. Then we ate Pei Wei and made muffins for my lesson on Physical Health on Sunday. It was a good weekend. My lesson for YW next Sunday is on Preventing Diseases--wish me luck.

I am getting very excited to come to Idaho for Christmas. I miss living in a place that actually has seasons--instead of Phoenix where it is hot and then hotter. This holiday season doesn't even feel like a holiday season to me and that is truly depressing. I need Jack Frost to nip at my nose before I feel in the holiday spirit. When Christmas music is playing and bells are ringing and it is 85 degrees outside, it just doesn't seem right.

Rob starts his next quarter of school next Monday. One down--a lot more to go. But, it is getting exciting because he will be done in exactly two years in December--that seems like light at the end of the tunnel since he will be done with his masters and start making real money.

That is pretty much it from Phoenix. We like having visitors a lot. People actually want to visit us more now that we live someplace more exciting than Rexburg!

2 comments:

Becky said...

i love your blog. i hope you don'tmind if i check itocassionally. i especially loved the story about the nasty pizza buffet. sometimes buffets can be a little sketchy, however the old country buffet is pretty dang good. i would recommend it. lots and lots of country cookin', what's not to love. i am so glad you were brave enough to ask for your money back. i probably would have done the same. we just don't have money to be throwing around for stale, cold pizza. no siree.

MortFamily said...

WE need to talk about these lessons! Man, did I stress out about that preventing disease lesson. What? I'm supposed to teach 16 year-olds to wash their hands after they use the bathroom. I survived it, but sometimes I need someone else's ideas about these lessons. I'm going to call you next time!