Tomorrow morning I am going to Idaho via Salt Lake. I am WAY excited for a trip. I fly out tomorrow morning way early so Rob can be back in time for his rotation at 7am. Packing is a tough thing to do with a baby...what to try and bring, what to get there, etc. It is a lot of work to figure it out, but I am glad I will have this opportunity. I will get to see all of my siblings while I am up there so I am super excited about that! Thanks to my sister for driving me to IF tomorrow night!
My poor husband will be home without me, but will survive! And will probably get more rest! He is doing his rotation all day every weekday, will play basketball, sleep, and I am sure play the XBOX and watch as much sports as humanly possible! I bought some frozen pizzas and cereal for him to sustain his life while we are away....wait, we eat that when I am home!
Lily actually slept through the night three nights this week! Miracle of absolute miracles. Two weeks ago she was sleeping about two hours at a time, if THAT! All I can say is earlier bedtime and the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child! Miracles do exist!
I will probably try to post while I am gone so Rob can see Lily.
We went and did a hike last Saturday. It was very fun! Rob definitely got more of a workout carrying Lily. She fell dead asleep on the way down. It was funny how out of it she was.
Our new almost daily activity is going to the park and swinging on the swings. She LOVES it!
She is definitely mobile---crawling and getting to anywhere she wants to. She has given up on baby food and I didn't know what to feed the kid. Today I bought one of those little mesh things you can put real fruits or veggies in and they kind of suck on it and she LOVED it, so that will be the way I get the kid to eat real food for a while. Hopefully she can figure out how to pick up food and eat it soon so she isn't sustaining her life on formula forever!
That is it for me....peace out!
7 comments:
I'm so happy you found that book! I was given that book a little before our baby was born and started reading it through the new mommy (lack-of-sleep) fog. It seemed simple enough though and it really was! It's worked like a charm. Now I just laugh when people are astonished that I put my 14 month old to bed around 6 p.m. Their first assumption is that she wakes up really early because of it. Then I tell them that she sleeps straight through till 7 or 8 and they are amazed. We love the method so much we call that book the Sleep Bible. :) Congratulations on getting some sleep!
If you're talking about the book I think You are, it IS awesome!!! We had NO idea babies needed that much sleep - we didn't do it with Tanner, DID do it with Taylor and noticed a HUGE difference!!! Our kids go to bed by 8:00 and sleep normally til 7. It's great!
If you still need that bumbo, call me! I've got it and would be happy to let you borrow it. I work tomorrow, but am really flexible and could bring it by or meet you somewhere. dpoulsen@uidaho.edu or (208) 716-6227.
Yay for Idaho! Do I get to see you?! Call me! 313-5274. Any creepers who may be reading this? DON'T call me!! :)
Have a fantastic time on your trip. Hopefully we will be able to get together when you get back.
Have so much fun! Lilly sure is adorable! I'm going to have to get one of those meshy things for Reese.
Oh yes, eary bedtime is key in getting those little buggers to sleep, hope Lilly keeps it up for you!
You guys look great and Lily is ADORABLE! Kev is so missing Rob. He would kill to take Rob on in a game of volleyball. No friends here seem to play... lame! Have fun on your trip!!
What a cute little squirt!
Post a Comment