So, I need some help finding my Christian self this morning....let me explain!
Last night, Lily had a rough night sleeping. She was a little restless and woke up around 2:15. I went and got her, rocked her, fed her...you know...did the mommy thing. I laid her back in her crib around 2:30 and she was still awake....crying a little, rolling around, trying to fall asleep---all totally normal for her. I still kind of hear her, but she is settling down and I am laying on the couch waiting for her to fall asleep.
All of a sudden I hear these huge THUD noises...I am concerned it is her hitting her head against the wall or something. It is not...but what is it? Lily starts to hear it, gets concerned and starts freaking out again....so I pick her up, she stops crying and the thudding stops? JIGGAWHAT?
So, I rock her again, get her to calm down, set her down...she starts crying a little bit again, and the thudding starts again! What is going on?
I figure out the lovely people who live beneath us are hitting their ceiling right below Lily's crib with something (a broom?) and making a large thudding noise that is scaring Lily making her cry more and shaking the wall.
Anyway, after being up for an hour last night Lily finally fell asleep and stayed asleep, but this morning I want to find a heavy brick and drop it repeatedly on my floor!
Their "complaining" (hitting the ceiling) made the crying worse, and scared my child. These same LOVELY people complained to the office about me running my dishwasher before 8am....um, it is my right as a human being to run a quiet humming machine anytime I want! Seriously, that is your complaint? They have a 3 year old who screams obscenities at the top of his lungs around the clock and they are going to hit the ceiling when my baby is restless and crying (not even loudly!)!
So, where do I find my Christian self this morning? Because right now....I want to do jumping jacks and drop bricks on my floor all day and all night long!
Pigs And Dogs
4 days ago
10 comments:
Hmm...I'm definitely no help here. After reading your story and feeling completely empathetic for your cause, I too, am ready to drop a brick repeatedly on the floor...or maybe just finding a really obnoxious recording to play through the vents. Although I agree, there are much more Christlike things to do that will make you feel better in the long run. But for now, those things just seem too kind. Good luck!
Oh, I'm so sorry! It was bad enough when Doug and I were annoyed by our neighbors in our apartment dwelling days, but I can't imagine how unsettling it is to have your neighbors scaring your child and making things worse. I'd probably be just as mad as you are right now, so I can't give you any good advice. Just be glad you'll be moving soon!
I'm not here to help but to let you know that I do feel for you. Just before we moved here, we lived above an old lady. ANY time Kam would run...or you know do any "kid" stuff she was ALWAYS pounding on the celing. One night at dinner we were eating and we just slid Kam chair under the table and she came out and yelled at us through our window....I had such a hard time with her and felt guilty at any little noise....which I shouldn't have in my own home. Anyways, one day I ran into her by the stairs and she yelled at Kam and that TOTALLY set me off! I just told her that she was going to have to live with it because I can't stop Kam from being a kid....I remember being so mad I was shaking!!! Anyways, I'm SO sorry for you and you shouldn't worry because they have a kid and should understand!....at least you only have a few more months to deal with them. Good luck! Wish I could do something for you.
You go girl!!! We're upstairs renters, too, and it's a challenge. I say go ahead with your jumping jacks, and bricks, then make a big batch of cookies as loudly as possible, then take a warm plate of cookies down and appologize for there being NO insulation between your floor and their ceiling. Wish them luck with child rearing and fighting their battles while you fight yours. :) Good Luck!
Oh my stars! You are bringing back way too many memories of the upstairs neighbors from you know where! I can't believe they were hitting the ceiling with a broom. That is so mean. And a dishwasher before 8:00 a.m. give me a break? Maybe you should make a countdown chain. Sorry sis!
I hate stupid neighbors. Ours are always having loud drunk-singing parties. Love your cute blog and I'm glad the package got to you safely.
I think anyone who's lived in an apt. can sympathize. The first day we moved into one of our old apts we heard banging on our floor that was moving up and down the hallways. Apparently, the guy below us was walking up and down the hallway hitting the celing with his crutches! He thought we were WALKING too loudly! It was the middle of the afternoon!
Wow, that is crazy! I'd be ticked too!!! I probably would have been one to stomp on the floor but it would just make everything worse. Don't know what to tell ya.
I was just wishing this morning that we could move to a place with no neighbors because our neighbor's dog hates our new dog. But that it is not near as bad as banging on the ceiling in the middle of the night.
I know you CAN do the Christlike thing. Yes, it's annoying and downright aggravating. However, you can do this. I know it's hard, but you are the bigger person--right. So, go ahead and bake them cookies and try to restrain the urge to lace them with ex-lax.
Post a Comment