Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Being a mom

Being a mom means...

I can make the bed with Lily on it
I can unload the dishwasher with Lily in my arms
I can still think Lily is the cutest thing ever even when she has been a total monster
I can still comfort Lily even when I feel like crap
I will sleep in a ball on the floor for Lily's benefit if necessary
I can hear Lily even when Rob doesn't
working 24/7
I am more exhausted than I ever was when I was working full-time or going to school full-time and working
feeling like I what I am doing doesn't always matter
going a whole day with no other conversation besides "juice?" "jew" "thank you?" tan u" "please" "pleee"
I have the best job in the world....and also the hardest

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Amen, Sista!

How are you? Hope the pregnancy is going well...despite being exhausted. :) I totally hear ya, and loved this post. :)

Team Jogan said...

agree completely :D