Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Randomness

My hubby is painting our kitchen. I can't wait until all of our big house projects are finished. I love all the painting we have done so far, so I am super excited to finish the last room and be done for a while. Rob is also going to be super glad to be done, as he is tired of painting. I feel horrible because I can't help (you know, being with child and all).
We have made some good friends here, which is so nice. It has been a long while since I felt like I had a real friend in the town we lived in, so I am very grateful to finally feel like we have friends again.
Lily has a new favorite friend too. Her name is Layla, she is a few months older and looks a lot like Lily. They enjoy each other a lot. They hug each other and play together super cute. It is cute to watch her have a friend and play so well with another kid.
Here they are playing on my bed. They love playing on my bed when they are together.

Lily refuses to sleep in any bed. She climbed out of her crib, so had to take the crib down. Put up a toddler bed and she hated it. Put a mattress on her floor right near the door, won't sleep on it. So, she sleeps on the floor with her blanky and doggie every night. I wish I knew how to help her, but she is sleeping for now. I just feel bad. I wish I knew how to teach her to stay on the mattress.

We both have callings in our ward now. I am the YW Advisor and Rob is the assistant Scout Master. It is nice to be able to serve. I am somewhat sad to have Rob have that calling as it requires a lot of time, and a lot of campouts...which leaves me home alone with my goober and my pregnant self. But, I am sure it will be okay.
I just don't like being alone when I am pregnant.

One day while I took a shower, Rob got Lily dressed. When I came out wearing a gray shirt and black pants, I realized Rob had put Lily in a gray shirt and black shorts. People gave me some funny looks at Walmart that day, thinking I purposely tried to match with my 1 year old.

2 comments:

Brett and Rachel said...

Congrats on your newest addition! LOTS of new changes!

Ashley Wray said...

I want to see some pictures of your paint projects! So excited for your baby #2. As long as she is sleeping, I wouldn't worry about where exactly, sleep is sleep! Glad you are doing well!