I have to air my frustration of the day.
I am at Super Saturday (an all day crafting event for Relief Society...in case you don't know what that is!) and I need to fix Lily a bottle. So, a kind older lady offered to hold her...that is fine. I appreciate that. Then, once I had the bottle ready, she ripped the bottle from my hands and shoved it in Lily's mouth and then wouldn't give her back to me. It took me 3 FULL minutes of arguing with this lady for her to give me Lily back.
Now, I don't mind people holding Lily if I know them and they want to. And, I understand that people like babies. HOWEVER, when the mom of any child says she wants her child back, DO NOT ARGUE WITH HER. I have a lot of reasons why I wanted her back----this lady was sitting across the cultural hall from me, I didn't know her, it takes like 30 minutes to feed Lily sometimes, I am a SUPER protective first time mom (don't judge, you were all there once to if you have kids) etc.----but why in the world would you argue with a woman about getting her child back?
Thank you for listening. I feel better!
Seven Minutes
2 days ago
6 comments:
I so agree with you on this post and your last one!
I've definetly more laid back with Reese than I was with Rylee. If anyone else wants to hold Reese and keep her entertained I'm all for it. Inless she is being fussy and they still don't want to give her back, that bugs me. Hello, I'm her mom, I know how to soothe her!
I feel the same way here in Burley, I've made some really good friends but I still haven't found the "best" one. My bestest best friend from college (my cousin's wife who we were neighbors with) lives in Billings and we still chat about 2-3 times a week but I so miss her!
And I hate feeling inadequate, hate it hate it hate it! But I've just realized that I'm not going to be amazing at everything, so I'm just going to appreciate the things that I'm ok at and enjoy that!
Ok, ending my rant but know that I agree whole heartedly woth your posts!
Hello,
I know you totally don't know me (and this might seem weird), but I found your blog off of Lara's blog. I was friends with her in Alaska and I too live in Arizona now. I just read your last post about girlfriends and completely agree with EVERYTHING you said. Well put and all too true. I feel the same way about perfection and inadequacy. It is a powerful tool the adversary uses to get into families and stir things up.
I hope you don't mind that I dropped by, but if anyone is a good friend of Lara, they must be a great person! Cute family and cute blog, by the way.
Megan
Sharon! I knew you missed me! So I was just thinking I needed to email you because everyone needs to talk to old friends some times, and ta-dah, here's your blog. We love you and misss you guys! Speaking of old friends though, did you know that your old roomie Jamie lives right by us? David and her kid Kaleb are great friends and share cheerios and hot wheels in church. Funny huh. I think we should both go home for visits this summer at suspiciously similar times. Don't you agree? After all, David and Lily need to meet!
Stupid lady! That is frustrating. Stuff sometimes happens.
I definately know a lady like that in my ward, even though I have no babies, I watch her with other children. I wanted to mention something about your last post. It really made my day knowing I am not the only one that feels like that. And I know everyone does but not a lot of people share their feelings, so I am glad you did. I completely agree with you about how Mormon women put way more stress on ourselves, and I wish I truly knew why. I feel inadequate because I don't have children and I only work 12 hours a week. Ok, so there is like not a lot of cleaning, laundry and cooking for two people. So at the end of the day I feel like a loser. Anways,thanks for posting about it, I feel better just by commenting, hope you don't mind! :) Your little girl is adorable by the way. :)
Just wait till they start popping food in her mouth. That was the one that made me want to pop people. Ice Cream at like 4 months, then cookies, pop, ext . . . then all the other things that the drs freak you out about feeding too early, but don't worry because "they had five kids and all of them turned out just fine." I just tell them they probably haven't seen their childrens phycologist bill, do they really know? j/k.
Post a Comment