Friday, November 19, 2010

Ella Grace Semon



Trying to prevent jaundice in the sunshine with Grandma.



Coming home from the hospital.



Born: November 15, 2010 at 10:03pm
Weight: 7 lbs 2 oz
Length: 20 in
Labor: 15 hrs

She actually flipped herself right before we went to the hospital, so she was born without having to do a C-section.
There were a few complications during labor.......
  • tons of merconeum from the little lady
  • my blood pressure dropped, dropping my heart rate, dropping Ella's heartrate, complications from the blood pressure medication but all was well after about an hour and a half---but was a scary few minutes while they were trying to get our numbers back up
  • epidural ran out
  • second bag of epidural meds only worked on one side
But, she is here and healthy and we are so happy..... and we are adjusting to a new normal.

12 comments:

Kaylynn said...

Ella Grace is the cutest baby I have seen all day!!! I love her hair. She is so cute. How fun. I wish I could hold her.
Good luck getting some sleep and being patient with Lily whose spotlight has to be shared.

Deanna said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! She's beautiful! And dang on the complications!

MortFamily said...

Wow! She has such dark hair. Yeah for new babies.

Ashley Wray said...

Congrats, super cute and I love the name. My best friend had her little girl on the 14th and named her Ella Dawn :) So glad she flipped so you didn't have to have the C-section. I can't believe how dark she is, was Lily that dark when she was born? 2 girlies are so fun!

Julie said...

She is so precious! Wish I could hold her. Love the dark hair. Are you nursing?

Jennie said...

You're a mommy of 2 girls now!! Congrats! You look fabulous in the hospital! I love the pic of Ella in her carseat the best, what a cutie!

Kristi said...

Yea!!! I don't remember Lily being that tiny, but I'm sure she was! So glad for you and Rob and the rest of your family!

Emily said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful.

The Cook Clan said...

Congrats!!! She is a doll face! Her hair reminds me just like Mckenna's was!! Scary there for a bit, I'm glad all turned out well! Horah to having our babies on the same day!

sreeve said...

Congratulations, Sharon! I know I'm a little belated, but I'm excited for the new arrival!

Brett and Rachel said...

Congrats!! She is precious! LOVE all that hair!

Crystal said...

Congrats on your new little girl! She is beautiful, love the dark hair. Glad she is here safe and sound now. Sorry about the ruff labor.