Monday, April 28, 2008

Books and Strawberries

Last night Rob and I went to Target to get him some new glasses. While there, he bought me a Strawberries and Creme Frappucinno from Starbucks---not to worry. No coffee. It is basically a strawberry smoothie/milkshake. But, they are very deliciouso! I really like them---not very healthy for you, but scrumptious!
Tonight I have a book club meeting. This month the book was Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons. I only made it to page 72 before I stopped reading and then took it back to the library. I just couldn't get into it. My friend Becky couldn't really get into to it either, but three other book club ladies keep telling me how great it is and how they couldn't believe I didn't finish it or like it. But, alas, I am not in school. I don't have to read a book I don't enjoy. I will probably still go to the meeting tonight for social activity and entertainment value. Some people like some books, others like other books. I just couldn't get into the story line. When I get into a book, I read really fast, and this book just wasn't working for me.
However, I got this book on Sunday night from one of my friends and it is the book club book for May. I really like this book. I am almost done with it. It is a very intriguing story. I would highly recommend it. There is some language, but still a really good book. I haven't finished it yet, but I have hope that I will still like it when I am done!!

These are my sister Kaylynn's girls at Halloween. There is Jill, Hanna and Lucy. She is having her fourth baby girl today! She will be the 11th grandchild of my parents. She is also the sixth girl for the grandkids--so she is tipping the numbers back towards girls. Mine will be #12 and will also tip the scales back towards the girls. I guess it is just inevitable in my family that there will be more girls than boys---although we got close to being even there for a while! I hope everything goes well for her. It makes me excited that that will be me in a few months!!

That is all for me today. I get to go the doctor tomorrow. My last appointment he kept telling me that next month I will be big and prego--I think I have definitely fulfilled that prophecy! I kept joking that I was going to wear a big pillow in my belly and be ginormous and mess with him, but I am okay with how I big I have gotten all on my own!!! I am sure that I will have gained weight this month!

No comments: