
So, we arrive an hour early for my flight....NO ONE is there. There is one counter, 10 chairs, and you aren't even entirely sure you are in an airport. Someone finally comes out who doesn't even work there and said for a 4:45 flight, you don't need to be here until 4:38...gotcha. So, we went and got some food and came back.
The plane got there at 4:40 for a 4:45 flight. The pilot came in (who looked like he was 12 playing dress up in his dad's pilot uniform) and started to "check us in" and I use that term loosely. He looks at my drivers license and asked me if the weight on there was accurate....UM, EXCUSE ME? Rob says, well she is pregnant so she weighs a little more than that! Then he proceeds to weigh my bags, my carry on bag, the stroller, everything! Hilarious!
We "board" which consists of us walking out to the plane and the pilot opening the back door. I get in first, carrying Lily wearing a backpack and realize the plane is only tall enough for you to sit in....not even close to stand. We struggle to our seat. The flight was LOUD and we were flying low enough to make out leaves on the trees...not super comforting.
I was supposed to have 40 minutes to make my next flight. I didn't realize that since this flight was so rinky-dinky I would have to go check in with US Airways, go through security etc. once we got to Albuquerque. Our flight landed 15 minutes late.....
So, I made the pilot help me to the US Airways counter. We check in, I run upstairs, run through security (take off both of our shoes, take out laptop, liquids, milk....fold stroller, get milk tested. Throw my shoes back on, throw Lily in stroller and RUN, and I MEAN RUN to my gate. My pregnant self, pushing Lily (who has no shoes on, is not even strapped in, who is hanging on for dear life) wearing a large backpack. I run up to the gate just as he was about to shut the door! But, we made it and we survived! If not, I would probably still be in Albuquerque this morning!
Flying out of Carlsbad....not sure that was my brightest idea ever!
3 comments:
The weight thing is very important on those small planes! The loudness and close quarters are hard for me too. It sounds like you and Lily were quite the troopers!
Have fun with your family!
wow! I would have been in tears...just by the weight comment. LOL! GLad you got there safely!
That is a funny story. I have never flown in an airplane that small. Glad you made it.
Post a Comment