The final chapter of my Utah adventure. Sunday, Monday not much to report. Tuesday I took the kids to a stuffed animal museum at BYU. The kids thought it was fun and were good sports.
That night we went up the canyon for some roasted hot dogs and s'mores to celebrate Lily's birthday, Ella coming, and me leaving. It was super fun. Lily loved all of her presents, the cake, the creek, and the mud!
All in all, a very exciting and happy last day in Happy Valley! My nieces and nephews were awesome with Lily and we both miss them very much. I love hanging out with my awesome sisters.
So, Wednesday the trip home. First two flights pretty uneventful.....no big deal. Then I had a 2.5 hour layover in Albuquerque which turned into 4 hours when the flight was delayed. And, it was the rinky-dinky flight back to Carlsbad. So, the flight was full....shocker! And, the plane was too heavy so the 12 year old pilot asked if we could leave my carry-on bag behind.......um, are you serious? I would have to offload all belongings in such bag to make it home....milk, snacks, blanky, doggie, toys, etc. So, there would be no point. So, they left behind my suitcase and I had to go back to the airport the next morning to pick it up from the next flight. Don't worry 8 other passengers.....the big-old pregnant mother of a 2 year old will leave her stuff behind.....don't you fret!
We made it home safely and were very happy to see Rob, our house, and beds again! There is nothing like being home again!
Thanks to all for a wonderful Utah adventure.
2 comments:
Cute pictures Sharon. She looks like a pretty fun little kid!
Are you serious! I didn't know they did that to you! I know the pilots are young, but come on. Were you the ONLY one with luggage. You should have made them drive your bag to your house. Did you write a letter? ;-)
Post a Comment