Friday, February 22, 2008

Still sick...thanks for asking

It is just a rainy Friday afternoon in Phoenix and I wish I was home taking a nap!!!
It has been kind of a long week for me. I haven't started to feel better--and everyone keeps asking me how I am feeling. I used to say, oh you know, not too bad. This week I just say SICK and thanks for asking. At mutual on Wednesday like 10 people came and told me I didn't look too good. Then the Bishop (who didn't know I was pregnant before) came up and said you look really tired and you don't look so good. I just sighed and said--I know, I am pregnant. He then took my arm and said bless you my child. It made me laugh--but that was when I decided to go home so no one else could tell me I didn't look too good. Then everyone at work yesterday told me I was looking really pregnant---code for "My goodness, what a big belly you have!". So I loved hearing that 20 times yesterday as well. Then I got home and told that to my sweet adoring husband and he said, "No offense, but you do look really big and pregnant today!" Thanks sweetie!!!!!!
So, after these two days of lovely hints about my appearance I decided I must look like this 24/7.
Attractive, yes I know. (I hope my tongue doesn't stick that far out.)
I guess I don't have that cute pregnant glow thing working for me--I just look fat and sick! I love my life!

3 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

You'll get the glow soon! I'm so sorry that your still sick, you'll be done with that soon...I hope. I really am glad that I don't get too sick because I'm such a baby that I think I'd be done after 1 kid! Ok, so your belly picture is kind of a cop out, come on Sharon, show us that tummy!

MortFamily said...

Don't worry, you're just in the yucky party of pregnancy in a few months everyone will tell you how cute and glowing you look and how "cute your belly" is. I get comments lately like, "Wow, you've gotten big." Thanks. The best was when I was pregnant with Colter and a lady told me and I quote, "You really popped out over the break." Why, thank you. Have these women ever been pregnant before? Plus, I am convinced maturnity clothes make you look bigger at the start when you start wearing them. I always want to wear skin tight stuff to prove that I'm not that BIG! But I can't do that, so I just want to say I feel for you. People need to be slapped when they tell a pregnant woman she looks, "Big" I mean, do they really think you WANT to hear that? I agree with Ash, that wasn't a REAL belly picture.

Shell said...

How sensitive of that brother of mine. (I hope you can sense the sarcasm). Well, the only thing I can say is he just doesn't understand yet what he should say and when he should just keep quiet.
The worst I ever got was when I was overdue and got the infamous "are you still here?". My only reply to that was "obviously". I think someone should make a t-shirt that has
Answer to stupid question #1 ____
Answer to stupid question #2_____

and so on... Hey, one could make a fortune with it.

Seriously, I hope you really do start feeling better soon. It can make all the difference in the world.