Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Kids, President Hinckley and Peanuts

So, I was blog "surfing" today (randomly looking at other people's blogs that are linked to blogs of my friends). Most of the ones I found had pictures of adorable children on almost every post. Every post also just expressed such love for their children and what a great blessing children really are.
This is my niece Lindsay at Halloween--She was Jesse from Toy Story and I think she is adorable.


It made me so grateful for the blessings I have been given. We have wanted children for such a long time, that when I found out I was pregnant it was a real shocker because we were not expecting it. But, the Lord knows what He is doing and He blesses you with the things you need when you need them. Even though I have felt awful for the past 2 months, it is so exciting to finally be able to share in that joy that children can bring.

I have also been really touched by all of the President Hinckley tributes and postings. He was such a great man and such a great example about so many things. One thing I truly want to emulate in my own life is to try and pattern my marriage after his. They were so happy and in love. My sister sent me this video about President Hinckley and it is just such an awesome tribute. About halfway through there is a picture of President Hinckley at Marjorie's funeral and his face is just so anguished. It makes you realize how deep their love was and how grateful he must be now to be back at her side.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DONH655IR1E


I just feel very grateful for all of my blessings--and especially my little peanut. I was going to post some ultrasound pics--but it is so hard to see anything. When they are actually doing the ultrasound I can see stuff (arms, little legs, etc.) but with the actual printout still pictures I don't really see much. So here is a picture of our little peanut.

6 comments:

crazydaisygirl said...

Cute peanut! She looks just like you!

Ashley Wray said...

What a cute little peanut! We scheduled our ultrasound yesterday, February 21st, hooray! It's true, children are amazing and once you have them, your whole world revolves around them! Can't wait to see some pictures of your peanut when it's here!

Ashley Wray said...

PS- I LOVE blog surfing too!

MortFamily said...

Your peanut is so cute!

TwinkleBee said...

Cute Peanut Idea. How did you find my blog? Was I on someone elses?I'm so glad you did! Kev and I regret not spending more time with you and Rob! Remember the scavenger hunt we went on? hehe. Congrats on the pregnancy, Im so excited for you guys. Tell Rob Hello!!

TwinkleBee said...

That's crazy, Caleb's wife Criscell was my roommate my freshman year at BYUI and we keep in touch. They are in your ward down in Arizona? I know her husband is going to Podiatry school. Criscell is SOOO nice!