Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Book Club & Other Stuff

I went to my first ever official book club meeting last night. We had read the book "Good Earth". I really didn't enjoy reading the book--but I thought talking about it a book club was really fun. They had some insights I didn't have. It was very interesting. There were some people with very differing opinions which always makes things interesting. The book was about pre-revolutionary China (late 1800's to early 1900's) and about this farmer who goes from dirt poor to really rich. He basically goes through the whole pride cycle and doesn't really value much beyond being rich and the land he owns. All of the women in the book got treated like crap which is I didn't really enjoy reading it--but, maybe that was really how it was back then. Who really knows. The one bummer about going to book club is that it is at 8:00 on 1 Tuesday night a month. I usually am in bed by 8:30 or 9:00 and I wasn't in bed ready to go to sleep until 10:30 last night and then I didn't sleep very good. So, I am extremely tired today. I also haven't gotten very good sleep for a couple of days so I am sure it is going to catch up to me soon.

Our next book next month is Twilight--which most people in the book club have already read, but it will still be a fun. I reread it last week again and loved it even more the second time through. I still need to read Books 2 and 3. I have read part of book 3, but none of book 2. So, I need to get on top of that.
I also want to know where all of the pregnant women out there get maternity clothes. I thought I always saw cute maternity clothes when I was not pregnant--now that I am pregnant--NO LUCK. I can hardly find anything that doesn't look like a tent or just extremely uncomfortable.

5 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

Thanks for the book recommendations, I love to read so I really should join a book club or something. I totally hear you on the early bedtime, I don't have to get up quite as early as you, but I like to be in bed asleep no later then 10! As far as maternity clothes, I haven't boughten to much this time around, but the "style" now is really long tops with the empire waist anyways, so I've just bought a few shirts that are "normal" and they seem to work fine! Old Navy does have some cute maternity stuff though. Maternity jeans are a whole other issue, they need to make a size between medium in large (not just in maternity jeans but in everything as far as that goes!) Mediums are just a tad to snug and Larges are too big! What's a girl to do? Anyways, if you find anything good, let me know! Sorry about the long comment post!

TwinkleBee said...

Sharon,
My sisters say GAP has the best Maternity Jeans and old navy has good tops. YOU HAVE TO READ the 2nd and 3rd books. They are even better then the first! Are you crazy!?! Hop to it! It's the best series i'm telling you. You'll wish you'd have read them sooner. That's cool you're in a book club, wish we had something like that here.

MortFamily said...

So, I get my clothes at Motherhood Maternity and I got some this time around at Kohl's. I think mine are pretty cute, so yeah. Also, I think the shirts from (what's it called?) DownEast are good because they are so long! They're not technically maternity but they work for me. Okay, so question. I think I might need to be maternity garments this time around. Do you get the same size you usually do? I only ask you this because you said in a blog or something that you just bought some. Also, if Ashley is reading this, tell me what you do too. I need to order them in the next month I think.

MortFamily said...

Oh, one more thing. For Sunday wear I had my mom make me two skirts. I hate the band on pants and skirts out there so I had my mom just make me two skirts with elastic waists and the teeniest band in the world. I also recommend pregnancy overalls! I love mine! I don't wear matenrity jeans until the end and I found a great pair of capris and jeans at Kohls with the tiniest band. Don't get the ones with the big bands! They are way uncomfortable!

Becky said...

wow. that took me forever to get caught up on your blog, but i am glad i did. i also enjoyed the actual book club meeting better than i did the book. i loved all the differing opinions. i love that you call your baby peanut. your valentines sounded more exciting than mine. zac and i weren't even in the same state. i totally don't think you even look pregnant yet. tell rob he's pregnant. j.k, i don't know what to say to him, i guess just ignore him. i think you look great and i love all your maternity clothes. i don't remember what the needle told you were having, but i have an inkling you are having a girl. i can't wait until you find out. we will definitely have to go shopping for the little tike as soon as you do. teri and i will have to get together soon to start planning your baby shower. it is going to be so much fun!!!