I have to write down some of my thoughts, while I can still remember them (my pregnant brain doesn't work like my pre-prego brain).
I was blog surfing today and I came across 2 blogs on my friend Ashley's blog that really made me think about my own life and my own struggles.
The first one was of a couple who are trying to adopt and they have their LDS Adoption profile linked to their page. It was such a sweet page about how much they want a baby and hope that someone will choose them to be parents. It really made me think.
The other one was a couple who just got married in August and then the husband found out he had a cancerous brain tumor in December. The whole blog was like a daily update of their struggles and what they have been going through. Shortly after the surgery, the nurses asked him who he thought his wife was--she thought he was just his special helper. After she showed him a picture of their wedding day he started to cry. Then, after about 2 months, she was reading her diary to him, and he realized again--for like the 10th time that his tumor was cancerous.
Anyway, both blogs were very tender and sweet and it made me think about my own life and how much more grateful I need to be for the blessings I have in my life. How important each day is and how many things I have taken for granted. We had wondered if adoption was going to be the way to get our family here, and we got pregnant. You could tell by these two families attitudes that they were happy and knew the Lord was watching out for them. We all have our own struggles and I need to remember that the Lord is watching out for me.
One of them listed a quote by Russell M Nelson about patience. It said that if we aren't patient we are telling Heavenly Father that our timetable is better than his. That is a definite lesson I need to learn in my life. This baby came to us in the Lord's time--not mine, no matter how hard I willed it to be otherwise. We have to remember who is in charge.
Okay, that was kind of a random rambling, but I just had to put those thoughts to words before I even forgot what day it was today.
Seven Minutes
2 days ago
1 comment:
I'm so glad that you found those blogs. Lacee is my cousin and they have been trying for about 2 year now. Just today I heard about a baby that was born yesterday in Oregon and they are looking for potential adoptive parents, I called her with the info, who knows if something will come of it but I hope I can help somehow! And I worked with Wendi at BYUI and I cannot imagine going through that. Thanks for your thoughts, they were really sweet! But I so know how that pregnancy brain is!
Post a Comment