Friday, May 16, 2008

Done with Year 1

My wonderfully dedicated, hard working husband will be officially done with this first year of Occupational Therapy school today. He just has to finish a take-home final by midnight tonight, and he is officially an OT 2nd year student. Yippee!!
I am very proud of him and all the hard work he has put in this year!
He will officially walk in August of 2009--so when Lily is 1 year old! Very exciting.

In other news, I am looking and feeling very pregnant. All week this week I have just kept saying, I feel really pregnant. I mean, I have felt pregnant before, but I guess I look more undeniably pregnant this week. Gotta love it.

Some of my favorite reactions to me being pregnant this week.
1. This lady in the elevator points at my stomach and with this completely disgusted look on her face points to my stomach and says "I think you have something in there!" Really tactful! I didn't quite know what to say back. Sarcastic comments were the only thing that came to mind. My friend with me in the elevator later told me I should have said, "Wow, your PhD in Nursing really paid off!"
2. I was walking (okay, it might have looked a little like a waddle) to the bathroom and this other lady points at my stomach and also with a disgusted look on her face says "Are you okay?" I wasn't quite sure how to answer that. I wanted to say something sarcastic about being fine except for the huge tumor on my stomach. She said it like she didn't know I was pregnant and was more worried about me walking funny. Who knows!

We are leaving for Utah/Idaho a week from today. I am very excited. I am actually a little nervous about flying because I have only flown once before and I was sick the whole time. So, I am hoping all goes well for that little adventure. I am very excited to see all of my sisters and my ma and pa.

I have been craving lots of different foods the past two weeks--and they usually end up being food from restaurants in Idaho Falls. We live in the 5th biggest city in the nation, and I am craving food from restaurants in Ammon, Rexburg, and Idaho Falls, Idaho. Bizarre! I think I might try to convince Rob that we need to eat at some of the places while we are home--Fongs/Canton, Geraldines, and Mongolian BBQ.

Sorry for the pictureless post. We need to buy new batteries for our camera before we go on our trip next week!

I hope everyone is having a great Friday!

3 comments:

Becky said...

congrats to rob for finishing his first year. i don't know about you, but isn't it nice to just be able to hang out at night with out any stress. so far i am loving this summer.

MortFamily said...

Man, I was checking out your blog and I heard that Question song. It reminded me of our summer in Jackson and having Rob use it when he proposed to you... oh the memoires. I love that song!

Larkin said...

Thanks for finding me Sharon! Congrats on the baby :) That is way cool that your husband is going to be an OT -- I am doing speech pathology and we talk about collaborating with OTs all the time!