Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Doctor's Office

So, if you get sick of talking to me about my pregnancy--I sincerely apologize! However, it is the most exciting thing I have to talk about and I think of my blog as a Journal of Sorts--so, there you go.

We went to the doctor yesterday--gained more weight! Shocker!
They did a 3-D Ultrasound--see pics below. It was very fun to actually see her and it actually looks like a baby. She had her foot in her eye most of the time, so we couldn't get a great shot of her face. The tech was laughing at her foot and her big round big toe. It is quite cute.
She is ahead of schedule---she is weighing more than she should at this point. So, she is healthy and well-fed to quote my doctor.
Since, she is healthy and well fed and if she continues on this path, she could be 9 pounds by my due date, my doctor said he would like to start me early! Yippee skippee! He said he would try to keep her in the 7 pound range. So, he tentatively changed my date to be started to August 17, so that is very exciting. That is less than 2 months away! Needless to say, this announcement brought me great happiness and joy. Rob isn't as thrilled as this falls into his week of finals at school. I also was thrilled that he would try and prevent me from having a BIG baby come out of me---also a sense of great happiness and joy!
That is my exciting news of the day.

In less thrilling pregnancy news, I was standing around talking to 4 of my women co-workers and they all started freaking out about how big my right ankle/cankle was. My right leg swells more than my left--Why that is? I do not know. Anyway, you gotta love people freaking out about stuff like that! It just makes me even more self-aware of how big my cankles look!

2 comments:

Susan Lewis said...

Hey Sharon, I remember feeling those cankle-ie days, but it will soon come to an end. Horray for inductions and modern technology so kids no longer come out walking huh. Well I have a bit of explaining to do. As I am packing I think my brain was the first thing to go in the box. I got your e-mail, but didn't quite get to look at it because as I was going to mark it as safe, with my squirming child in hand, and it marked you unsafe. So I thought I could call a mutual friend, but oh yeah, Laif gave my phone a few dipps in a cup of water, so that idea litterally washed down the drain. So then we tried to check your facebook and after writing you it said undelivered. To make a long story short I would really love to have you write again, maybe try Austin's e-mail, lewis_ozzie@hotmail.com and then I can unblock you. So so sorry about that. Better luck next time huh? Susan

Ashley Wray said...

What a cute little non-alien looking baby! I love it when they have some chunk on them! That is way exciting about moving up your due date and not making you push out a 9 pound baby! I'm jealous :) Anyways, hate sweeling ankles, this heat is no fun! Keep the pregnancy posts coming, I love hearing all about it!