I taught Young Women yesterday--and I didn't know until 5 minutes before church (which is now at 2:00pm--TORTURE!) that I was going to have to teach ALL the Young Women, not just my Miamaids, since the other teachers bailed. I had made cupcakes and only had 17 and there were 19 girls--so we had a lot of leftover cupcakes because I couldn't not ask 2 girls to not have a cupcake!
My lesson was on Temple Marriage.
I actually felt pretty good about what I had prepared. I had asked some of the other leaders and my sisters their thoughts on temple marriage and it helped me focus my thoughts a lot. I read some of their thoughts to the girls and I thought it was pretty powerful. I then gave them all a piece of paper and asked them to promise themselves right then and there that they were going to get married in the temple. I thought it went pretty good and I felt pretty good about it. It is kind of hard to teach Laurels and Beehives about Temple Marriage at the same time--since their perspectives on that topic are pretty different!
I had also asked Rob to give me a blessing yesterday because I have just been struggling with life. I have just been worrying and not really enjoying anything--just worrying. Anyway, the blessing really helped me out and just emphasized All is Well. It made a huge difference to me as I have just been feeling overwhelmed and run down!
My birthday this week was good. I worked all day and then Rob took me to Pei Wei for dinner. It was delicious. Then he got me an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen--delicious! He got me a new Nicholas Sparks book and the movie Enchanted.
My mom took me to get a pedicure while I was home for my birthday too! Happy Birthday to me!In YW they have the parents (in my case, my husband) write letters to the girls on their birthdays. They read Rob's letter yesterday. He said something about me getting older and older--so I guess 23 is just older and older!!! He also talked about Lily which the girls all thought was so cute!!!
I get to go have a 3-D Ultrasound next week, which I am very excited about. Rob can't go because he has class and they couldn't find us a time when he wouldn't have class.
1 comment:
Way to go on planning a lesson on the fly! I think YW would be so fun to teach! Glad that you're feeling better, seriously, I ask Andrew for a blessing so often, they really just give me so much comfort! Man, you are in for one hot summer, I'm not going to complain anymore being hot and prego here in Idaho! Keep the updates coming!
Post a Comment