Thursday, June 26, 2008

Moving......Yippee!

So, we are moving! It will be great when it is over--but the next three days are going to be rough ones! Especially for my dear, sweet, husband Rob who won't let me lift anything, bend over, use any chemicals, etc. So, since all of those are things you would need to do when moving that pretty much makes me useless! I can wipe down things with Lysol wipes, and that is pretty much where my usefulness ends.
Anyway, we are just moving up the street so we can get into a 2-bedroom apartment so all 3 of us still love each other when Rob is done with school. I am very glad to be able to have a little more space and hope to have the place well organized! Organizing is one of my favorite activities, but being pregnant and not having a ton of space, make it difficult to keep up with.
Rob has been very efficient in packing---very efficient. Almost a little too efficient--but I appreciate all of the hard work he has done!

I had book club on Tuesday. We read Summerhouse and I loved it. It made you think. In the book the women all get to go back to any point in their lives and re-live 3 weeks of their life. Then, they get to choose whether to stick with the new life or the old life. They also get to decide whether they would want to remember the switch or not. It was very interesting. It definitely made you think. At book club we went around the circle and talked about what time we would all go back to. It was interesting. In the book, a lot of them going back was about the men in their lives and changing their love interests etc. It also made me want to appreciate each day more because you don't get to go back and relive any time in your life.
Anyway, I would definitely recommend the book to anyone!

I tried to paint my toe nails yesterday. It didn't work out so great. I told Rob I was going to figure out how to do it because I really wanted to paint my toenails. He told me I can't until Lily comes out or I will squish her! He is a guy so he can't empathize very well. I really just wanted to paint my toenails! I will be grateful when I can reach them again!

3 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

Oh, moving is no fun, especially when your pregnant! We loved when I was 8 monts pregnant with Rylee and that night after everything was all moved in I thought for sure I had done some damage to her, basically I way over did it so don't do that! That book sounds interesting, who is the author? I'll have to look it up! Hope you're feeling well, can't wait to see some pictures of your new apartment!

Ashley Wray said...

um, we "loved" sounds a little risque, what I meant was we moved-opps!

Brooke said...

haha! Smash is getting a little personal on your blog! Yeah, I was really interested in this book--I actually tried to call you on Saturday when I was at Barnes and Noble cuz I couldn't remember the name of it! Oh well, I'll try to find it next time! Good luck moving!