Thursday, October 2, 2008

Answer those prayers

"In the end, the number of prayers we say may contribute to our happiness, but the number of prayers we answer may be of even greater importance. Let us open our eyes and see the heavy hearts, notice the loneliness and despair; let us feel the silent prayers of others around us, and let us be an instrument in the hands of the Lord to answer those prayers." President Utchdorf, General Relief Society Meeting, September 27, 2008.

There are definitely some people in my life who were recently answers to my prayers.

The lady who was the 1st Counselor in Young Women's with me----she came to my apartment on Monday, sat on my bed with me and just talked to me. I was still having a rough time with mastitis and I really needed a friend. She sat there with me in my pajamas and just talked. She held and loved my baby, changed her poo diaper---twice, and fed her. She encouraged me, joked with me, and let me know that I was doing okay. She was definitely an answer to prayers.

Another lady from my ward who offered her assistance and watched Lily while I went to my doctor's appointment on Wednesday. Lily slept the whole time, but it was nice to not have to worry about her while I was there.

My two friends who came to my rescue on Saturday. I was sending up a million prayers that night praying that my friend Teri or Becky would answer their phones. I knew they were at the broadcast, but I was hoping they would check their phones when it was over. When Teri finally picked up all I said was "Teri, I need help." She said okay, I will be right there---and her and Becky were here in 10 minutes. They came in, calmed me down, Teri helped me to know what to do and then we all headed to Urgent Care. They stayed the whole time, took care of Lily and were there to support me. They came home with me and Teri stayed with me until Rob came home. Her husband even went to the Pharmacy and picked up my meds. They both were very literal answers to my prayers that day.

There have been countless other people who have offered to help, lended me their support, told me to call if I needed anything, and have just generally been there for me---they too are answers to my prayers and I am so grateful for that!

There are countless ways to be answers to other people's prayers, and most of the time we don't even know that we are. I hope that I too can be of use in answering other people's prayers instead of just being on the receiving end as I have been lately.

1 comment:

Brett and Rachel said...

That picture of Lilly at the top of your blog is to die for! Absolutely adorable!