Sunday, August 17, 2008

Have a little faith...

So, last night I started worrying----a lot. After having had severe contractions and ending up at the hospital twice (once back in July and once this past week), I just got overwhelmed that after all that pain and stress I am not any closer to having Lily come out of me. I just thought there was no way I could do this---it is too hard. I know that women and babies survive childbirth, but yesterday it just seemed like I was not going to be one of them.
Anyway, I started praying last night and this morning about the whole thing. I was just so scared and not sure that I was strong enough mentally or physically to do this. I prayed and worried this morning for a while. I got into the shower and it was still weighing very heavily on my mind. All of a sudden, I just got this feeling that everything would be okay. I had an image in my head of me holding Lily after she is born and that everything was okay and that it was all worth it.
When I lost the babies before I always had in my mind this image of a little toddler aged girl with curly blonde hair waiting to come down and this morning I knew that she was coming and Heavenly Father wasn't going to give up on us now. He is going to get her here and He will not abandon me in the process.
I can't believe I get to be a mom to this sweet little girl and I can't wait to meet her!

6 comments:

Kaylynn said...

I remember feeling those same feelings that Jill was never going to come out. She was due on Aug 26 and was born Sept 10. (The calculated due date was Aug 26 but the ultrasounds showed about Sept 6 so the doctor wasn't worried). She will come out eventually. I thought she would come early with the high risk factors you have, but I guess she is following the typical first baby pattern instead. Good Luck!!!

Becky said...

i bet that must be hard not knowing when the baby is going to come out or how. childbirth does seem a little scary, but i am sure your doctors know what they are doing and everything will be just fine. i can't wait to meet little lily. let me know if there is anything you i can do for you.

The Cook Clan said...

I think we have all felt like we were going to die in child birth at some point. It can be a little overwhelming but it is so worth it in the end. Just keep praying and have faith and our Father in Heaven will bless you both. It does get better in the end when you have those sweet heaven fresh eyes look up at you. Good luck and we will be waiting for cute pictures of the sweet baby Lily.

Emily said...

Hang in there. Even though I don't know yet what childbirth is like, I know you'll make it through. I'm praying for you!

Ashley Wray said...

The worry and stress of all the unknown is almost as bad as being huge and pregnant. You're right though, everything will work out just fine, but it's all in Heavenly Father's hands and time table! Hang in there, I can't wait to see this little girl!

Brooke said...

You'll do great, Shmaron! I'm so glad Heavenly Father knows our concerns and knows just how to comfort us! I'm so excited for Lily!!