Friday, August 8, 2008

Maternity Leave--I love my life!

Today is my last day before maternity leave---I will be out for at least 8-12 weeks and then I am going to come back to work part-time, working from home mostly.
I am so excited to have a break! I can't even tell you how excited I am to have a week or two to myself before my little bambino gets here---and then I am just excited to get my little bambino here.

My cute husband left me a note on the fridge with a pre-packed lunch in the fridge for my last day of work---I get up at 4:30am, so he did it last night because he does not get up that early. I wake him up for prayers at 5:15 before I leave and then he goes back to bed for who knows how long---it is probably better that I don't know!

He bought steaks to grill tonight to celebrate---he won't eat one of course, but I am very much looking forward to it! I love a grilled steak!

I am also greatly looking forward to the Olympics starting tonight--I love watching the Olympics. It is amazing how almost any sport can just draw you in and make you want to watch for ridiculous amounts of time---perfect timing for me as I have a couple of days to sit around and do nothing for long periods of time--with my feet up!

Happy Friday and Happy Olympic watching to all!

6 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

What, does Rob not eat red meat or something? Crazy! That is totally what I craved all the time while pregnant, big juicy cow! Love not working, well, you'll be wokring, but a totally different kind of work that your use too! Enjoy your last few weeks of just the 2 of you, it will never be the same!

Emily said...

I love watching the Olympics, too. Doug devoted his evening last night to getting our TV set up (since we just moved) just so I could watch the Olympics because he knows how much I like them :) That is great that you'll be able to work mostly from home. I doubt that I'll be able to have that kind of a situation when I have a baby. I hope the next few weeks goes well for you and that Lily won't stay in too long!

JulieJ said...

I have to say that the Chinese Opening Ceremonies were the best I'd ever seen. We are going to DVR the whole Olympics!
I had like a month and a half of no work before Brandon came. It was weird, because there were no deadlines and no one cared if I got anything done or not. It took some getting used to, but it was nice!

Susan Lewis said...

Yeah for no work!! Good luck with everything and if you ever need long walls around a mall when your husband is not available to get that kid out let me know. Or heck, we could just chase mine: ) haha. Let me know if you need anything we are in Surprise.

Brooke said...

yeah, what the crap? Doesn't Rob eat meat? Yay for time off work! ugghh ...

The Cook Clan said...

Good luck with the new baby! Can't wait to hear about her!!! Hey I'm going private so leave your email if you still wanna see my blog.