Friday, August 29, 2008

She's Here---Finally!

Lily Arianna Semon

August 27, 2008 at 9:35pm

7 lbs 14 ounces

20.75 inches

Partly induced/Had been in labor on my own for 28 hours when we got to the hospital

Total Labor: 40 hours

Total time at hospital before delivery: 12 hours

We got home today about 1:00pm. She has been sleeping all day which means she will be partying all night we are sure! She is a cutie---full head of hair. She passed all of her tests with flying colors.
The nurses told us she was pretty---my mom said you probably say that to all the babies. They said no, actually we have a code for "different" babies---FLK "Funny Looking Kid". So, if they think you have an FLK they will pass that along to all new nurses! I thought it was funny.

Here she is sleeping on Rob
Here she is all bundled up in the hospital bed with me.
Here she is right after delivery with my mom. My mom got there as Lily was halfway out of me----talk about good timing. She was there for the final pushes.

That is about it for me. I am doing okay----I am pretty sore and in a lot of pain, but we are home, alive, and surviving.

12 comments:

Becky said...

congrats- i can't wait to see her. she is so cute and i am not just saying that. sounds like everything went well. i hope you have a quick recovery and am able to get some sleep.

Emily said...

Beautiful! congrats you two, or three.We need to start getting her and david together right away!y7t fy ubm gvjn. bvchg(david says she's cute too).

Ashley Wray said...

Love that hair, she looks like she could be a red head almost! Glad your surviving and doing ok! That first baby is the trailblazer making way for all her siblings! Keep the pics coming and enjoy your new little buncle of joy!

The Cook Clan said...

Yeah!!!!! I'm so excited for you! What a beautiful baby girl! I love the hair. Oh, how fun, I kinda miss that stange. Not enough to do it anytime soon though. Thanks for keeping us posted, I'm sure your in heaven!!!

MortFamily said...

Wow, her and Ally can totally be friends. I love the hair. It does look red! Wow, that would be crazy huh? I guess both our frumpy red heads can play together. Take more pictures when you can. Glad you survived. Congrats.

Mindy said...

Congratulations you guys! She is a cutie! We're way super happy for you.

Brooke said...

Congratu-stinkin'-lations!!
She is really is SO pretty! I'm so happy for you guys! My Shmaron and Shmob are parents!! Wow. I love it! Keep the stories and pictures coming! I'm glad you survived. What a trip!!

Emily said...

Congratulations, Sharon & Rob!!! We're so excited for you. I'm glad everything went well. I hope you have a speedy recovery. Lily is SO darling!!

Ben and Teri said...

Congratulations you guys!! Lily is beautiful. I hope I get to see her soon. I will give you guys a call tomorrow and try to come over, Ben can stay with the kids, he has a cold anyway. :)

Susan Lewis said...

Congrats! What a relief to have a happy healthy little one, and on the out side huh? I love the hair!!!! Definitely a cutie.

Heather@Women in the Scriptures said...

She is beautiful! I am so excited for you-- you will be a fantastic mom. Enjoy her, they grow up SO fast.

Jenni said...

oh! she is beyond gorgeous!!! Congrats!