Saturday, August 16, 2008

So....babies do come out....right?

So, my mom called today and told me that babies do eventually come out. I said, "Really, I think Lily is going to be the exception!" She is very firmly planted in there with no desire to move down or anything. I have been having contractions since Wednesday----some very severe, some not, with no improvement in getting her out. So, she is planted in there for the long haul. I guess she will have to come out eventually but it seems like she is definitely trying for later rather than any kind of sooner.

I have been reading some books by Lori Wick to keep myself busy. I like them---they are easy to read and are clean. But, in every book she talks about religion and about all you have to do to be "saved" is say that you believe you are a sinner and believe in Jesus Christ. Once you do that---BAM----you are eternally saved. Reading that same sentiment over a few times has made me stop to ponder my belief system and how I know that there is so much more to it than that and how grateful I am for that knowledge. Having faith is an integral part, but only part of the whole picture.

Anyway, Happy Saturday to all---August is more than halfway over!

3 comments:

MortFamily said...

I can testify if no one else can that yes, babies all have to come out eventually. Trust me... after your eight days late you really feel like you're going to be pregnant FOREVER but it happens eventually even if they have to make you have the baby. Some babies just need to "cook" longer. My babies need that. Neither one has been that big even when they're late. Also I read this article on how due dates are not a set thing. Its a guess, nothing more. Next time I'm telling people I'm due two weeks after the due date I get from the doctor. Anyway, I feel for ya. I do.

Ashley Wray said...

Oh Sharon, I so remember that feeling, like it's never going to end, but it does, I promise! I totally agree with Lara, some babies just need a little longer like mine. Rylee was 1 day early and Reese was right on her due date and both of them were still under 7 pounds. I'm so excited to see some pics of Lily and hear your birth story when she comes!
Hang in there, but until then I will be checking your blog religiously for updates, so keep them coming!

JulieJ said...

So, Brandon came 3 days early. Creighton came 9 days early. And for some reason, you think that you should never go past 9 days early once that has happened. Not so much with Tyce. The last week is the longest! Hang in there! Watch lots of TV. This is one month you shouldn't feel guilty for being unproductive!