So, guess what.....I am still pregnant. I know, I know---it is on everybody's mind. Especially people who actually see me because, quite frankly I look REALLY pregnant. The checker at Wal-Mart even made the comment with a face "You look really READY"---code for "You look like crap!" Why thank you random Wal-Mart checker. Rob was with me and he turned to me as we walked away and said, good thing I am already buying you chocolate or else we would have to go back and get some after that comment!
So, alas, I am still pregnant. The good news is that the doctor was hopeful on Wednesday and she is getting ready to make her appearance. The week before, it was like no hope---so walking away from the doctor's with hope that she actually will come out was exciting. She is still really high, but everything else is ready so we just have to get her to "drop".
In other news, most of the exciting Olympics I enjoy watching are over---bummer. I was really enjoying the Olympics but now the stuff is just not as exciting to watch----sorry rhythmic gymnastics!
Rob's brother texted Rob and asked if we had had the baby yet-----not a totally ridiculous question, but since he lives with Rob's mom, I would assume that he would know that Rob would tell them----but I guess it is never smart to assume anything. I told him to text him back and say, Uh, Yeah, we had her a week ago---where have you been! He didn't---he called and left him a message saying no baby yet. Not nearly as fun of a response!
I am getting excited to see my mom and my sister. My mom is set to fly in on Wednesday and my sister on Sunday of next week so that will be fun and helpful to have them around. Rob says my mom gets the 5am shift with Lily---since she just wakes up that early anyway!
Okay, that is all. We are off on another day trying to stay busy! Today's exciting adventure----getting the car washed. I know, I know....you are all jealous because that is more exciting than what you are doing today!
Seven Minutes
2 days ago
5 comments:
I will be thinking about how and your precious little one, and your sleepless nights and breastfeeding while I am sipping margaritas (alcohol free of course) in the Bahamas!
But hopefully I will be doing the same thing as you soon enough!
That is too funny about Rob's brother calling, Andrew's did the same thing and they live with his parents! Hang in there, enjoy your chocolate and by this time next week you'll have your bouncing baby girl in your arms!
You are so funny. I love reading your blog. I'm so excited to see the baby pics on here. Tell your mom I said hi. Good luck with the delivery, I know everything will go good!
Good Luck Sharon!!! You'll be amazing. I always took comfort in the fact that once things get going time is limited to get the baby out, so the pain can't last forever. Besides you'll have Lily in the end. And she'll be adorable! Love you... EM
Hey--Becky Freestone's my sis-in-law, that's how I found your blog, and I just want to wish you luck with your new baby! I remember being HUGE pregnant. You're not alone. :) I also liked your inspirations.
Post a Comment