1. How are you feeling these days?
My nurse at the doctor's office asked me this very question---she gave me a knowing look and said, "I know, I know. You are tired, hot, swollen, crampy, and want this to be over?" I looked at her with a knowing look and asked "How did you guess?". She said all women have "the look" after 35 weeks. I am pretty sure that "the look" means you look like death warmed over, but in my head I will think it means that I am "pretty and glowing".
2. How much longer?
This is a very interesting question. My original due date is August 27. My doctor told me he would induce me around the 17th a while back. Now, he is saying she might not be ready, so it might be closer to the 27th. If they induce me when Lily is not "ready" then she won't come and they have to take her by C-section, and as much fun as that doesn't sound like, we would like her to be "ready". My mother told me she talked to Lily and told her she had to be ready on the 17th---we shall see what grandmotherly powers she possesses. Now, I just know that she will come in this month---because my doctor said he wouldn't let me go over my due date because babies and placentas don't like going over your due date. So, if I go to my due date without having her, then she would be born on August 28th because he would start me on the 27th. August 28th is my dad's birthday---I don't think he would mind sharing.
3. When is your last day of work?
One week from today, August 8, 2008, 4 more working days, 40 more hours. Thanks for asking!
4. Did you ever get your ring off of your finger?
By a miracle, I did. I was less swollen one day and I did get it off. I immediately made Rob take me to Wal-Mart to buy a temporary ring to replace it while I am pregnant. We bought one for $8.88 which has since tarnished, and probably permanently turned my finger green.
5. Are you still wearing your tarnished ring with your green finger?
Why yes, yes I am.
6. Why?
Because I ring check girls who are pregnant just because I am curious, so I would like people to know I am married to the father of my child. In Arizona, most people probably wouldn't care, but I do. If I were in Utah, people would definitely care. When I was my sister's "nanny" and would take her 1 year old shopping, people would ring-check me and then glare me down. I was still a single gal then, so my left ring finger was bare. I didn't appreciate the glaring so I started wearing my CTR ring on that finger backwards when I went out with the children to avoid the dirty looks my way.
7. Are you ready?
This question can be taken in many ways--
Am I ready to be done being pregnant? The answer to this is a resounding yes.
Am I ready to be a mother and be responsible for a tiny life-form who will be dependent on me for all of its needs? I don't think anyone is ever ready for that--and I am no exception.
Am I ready with all of the baby stuff? I think so...but being a first-time mom and all, how is a girl to know?
8. Are you sleeping?
It is definitely a challenge. Everyone says it is mother nature's way of preparing you for a newborn---but I think that Mother Nature should let me stock up on sleep now since I won't get a full nights rest for a year. But, Mother Nature didn't ask me, so alas, no I am not really sleeping that well.
If you have any other questions you would like answered--let me know. I am very willing to oblige.
Seven Minutes
2 days ago
4 comments:
Very informative. Thank you. Now if you could just record that and push play for the next couple of weeks!
Thanks, you anwsered all my questions, I won't bug you and ask them over and over! Good luck with these last few weeks, I hope she comes early and you don't have to be induced. I was with Rylee and it was so not fun! Keep us posted on everything ok?
That is too funny. I don't think I could wear my wedding ring from like 6 or 7 months on so I too went to walmart cuz I was too embarressed not to have a ring. I worked at a bank at the time and I was not wanting to have anyone see me without a ring. I know how ya feel. Not too much longer. Good luck with everything!
I loved those questions and your answers!!! I can definately relate to feeling the same way about the ring question/wearing thing - stare down...If I forget to put mine on and head to the store with two crazy children, people look at me really weird! LOL! Good luck with everything...expecially this last, hot, and 'enjoyable' month!!!
Post a Comment