I actually ended up for a short stint in the hospital last weekend with some severe (and I mean severe--I have had kidney stones, and this Saturday pain was worse) contractions. I wasn't dilating, just having severe contractions. I didn't think it was contractions at first because it was mostly in my back, but several monitors on my belly confirmed that they were contractions.
Anyway, I had some again last night---not as severe. I just laid in bed, on my side, drank a lot of water, and cried. These weren't as severe as the first set. The doctor said I had to keep her in there for at least another 3 weeks----I told him I would do what I can, but she seems pretty strong-willed, and if she decides to come, I am not sure I have the ability to stop her.
Ahhh, the joys of pregnancy! Gotta love it.
My other favorite pregnancy joy is when the doctor comments on my stretch marks every time he looks at my belly--He always says "Looks like she found some crayons in there!" Thanks for the reminder!!!!!
On a happier note---Here are a few of my new favorite things--
- New Wal-Mart (There is a new one by our house--I love it! It is like shopping in a luxury store--not a Wal-Mart).
- TGI-Fridays Chicken Quesadilla Rolls (Available in your local Wal-Mart's freezer section) DELICIOUS!
- Nectarines from Sprouts (a local farmer's market/grocery store that has the best produce!)
- Feeling Lily move around (even at 2am, because then I know she is okay!)
5 comments:
How scary! I'm glad that everything is ok! Watch, you're going to go like 3 weeks early, I'm going to go a week late and we'll have our babies on the same day, that is my luck :) Hate stretch marks, what I hate more is the people who don't get them! It's all genetic I've heard, my mom got them and so do I! I've started rubbing this stuff called Bio Oil on twice a day and I think it has helped. Worth a try I guess. Anyways, hang in there, you're on the down hill slope!
Wow, that is kindof scary. Look what you have to look forward to in real labor. Not too much fun but they are so worth it! Especially when they are old enough to look up and smile at you. Yeah, try to be really careful and not strain yourself too much. You don't want that baby to come out too early or she may have to be in the NICU. I experienced that with my little Mckenna and it isn't something I wish on anyone. It is the worst feeling in the world to have you tiny baby taken away from you. You know what is funny is Mckenna's middle name is Lily. Tell your mom I said hi. Good luck with everything.
Sounds like we have the opposite problems. My kids don't want to come out and yours want to come out too much.
Hey, I've been reading your blog for a while now (which is very cute), but I haven't posted any comments yet. Sorry about that. Anyway, I'm glad that you and Lily are okay. I hope that everything goes well and that you and Lily are healthy.
My mom had six kids and kidney stones, and says the kidney stones are way worse, so there you have it, you can handle anything now : ). Hopefully it all goes well. Let me know if you need anything, like meals or something. Talk to you soon.
Post a Comment