Monday, July 14, 2008

Grandma Ann

Here is a picture of my cute Grandpa Reeve (my mom's dad) and his wife Ann. Ann is the only Grandma I have known on my mom's side because she married my grandpa when I was probably less than a year old. Grandma Ann passed away on Saturday night. It is sad for the rest of us, but I am sure she is so grateful to be on the other side where no physical ailments can hurt her.
She has been a great example to me. She has come with my Grandpa to all of our family events and always tried so hard to show us that she knew us and cared about us. We got to see her at the end of May when we went to Utah and I am grateful my mom and dad took us to see them so I could see her one last time. Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the funeral since it is in Utah and I am extremely pregnant.
My Grandpa was always so cute with her and took care of her right up until the end. My grandpa is definitely one of my heroes. He is getting up there in age, but he still knows all of us, our husband's names, our kids names, etc. The first time I took Rob to meet him (when we weren't even engaged yet) he handed Rob a pedigree chart and asked him to fill it out for my posterity.
That trip right as we were about ready to leave he got right in Rob's face and said "If I ever do anything to offend you, please come tell me! I am afraid you could take me out!" Really funny coming from your Grandpa that he is worried about Rob's muscles. He always calls Rob the muscle bender!
Grandma Ann will definitely be missed because she was so caring and loving to those around her. I will miss her and her cute smile.

No comments: