Friday, July 25, 2008

Letting little things go....

Yesterday I had a SUCKY day at work. Well, the whole day was crappy. I couldn't fall asleep (recent pregnant symptom---insomnia and I hate it!) so I didn't get to sleep until 3:00am. Somewhere in the 2:00am hour I e-mailed my boss to tell her I was going to be in late because I get up in the 4:00am hour and the distance between 4 and 2 is not long enough. Anyway, so I feel asleep around 3am, slept until 10am, got to work around 11:30. After my crappy day, my question to myself was "Why did I even come in today?" I had an extremely unhappy lady at work come in my office, treat me like scum, talk down to me, etc. and it did not make me very happy. I cried all the way home and then cried for a good long while after I got home. Then Rob took me to Arby's, let me get anything I wanted, went home and then I proceeded to eat a lot of food. I calmed down a little, watched So You Think You Can Dance, and then tried to go to sleep at 10---once again I didn't fall asleep until after 12, but it is a lot better than 3.
Anyway, needless to say, it wasn't that big of a deal, and I shouldn't have let it affect me as much as I let it, because it really isn't that important. And, being pregnant amplifies distressed situations a great deal for me. So, today I am trying to not let the little things like ornery ladies at work bother me, because it is really not that important.
I am also trying to not let it bother me that I am not sleeping. I get upset when I have a really hard time sleeping---and then I have an even harder time falling asleep. So, last night I just read and tried not to let it bother me that I couldn't sleep.

Letting unimportant things go is one of my new goals. I am a worrier and I get distressed a lot. I want to be able to let the little things go and only focus my energy on things that are really important-----like where we are going to eat tonight for date night! Just kidding.
(But seriously, it is a pretty big decision---especially when you are 8.5 months pregnant.) Although, sitting in booths at restaurants is my new least favorite activity---my belly usually hits the table! Sad day!

Anyway, letting unimportant things go.....my goal for the next couple of weeks!

2 comments:

JulieJ said...

I think pregnancy insomnia is a cruel and unusual punishment, for someone is about to deliver something that won't let you sleep for the next year. I got file folder games and used to color those in the middle of the night.
I feel your pain sista!

Emily said...

I am a worrier too and tend to worry about things that really aren't important. It's sometimes pretty hard to change that and just let things go.